Monday Morning Rewind

Posted 10/17/16 (Mon)

October 11th, 2016: Tri-State vs. Sargent Central

We saw Tri-State for the first time on September 1st.  They looked like a new co-op.  Lots of potential that had yet to come together, playing in just their third game of the year.   Last Tuesday in Forman we saw them for the second time.  They did not look like a new co-op.  In a month and a half’s time coach Renee Zach has done an incredible job building a strong versatile team that hopes to make noise in Super Region One as the playoffs grow near.  Versus Sargent Central the Tigers dominated sets one, two and four, led by Harmony Burns who finished with double digit kills, four aces and six blocks.  Amber Peterson led the charge for SC in set three when they battled to win their only set of the match 25-22. With the win Tri-State moved to over .500.

October 13th, 2016: Williston vs. Minot

On a cold Thursday night under the lights in the Magic City the hometown football team didn’t just pick up win to stay atop the WDA;  they showed why they can be the best team not just the best team in the region, but the entire state.  Against one of the stingiest defenses in the state Creighton Rudolph and Manuel Bradford put on a clinic.  They scored early and often en route to a 53-12 victory.   With Century’s win over Bismarck and Dickinson’s loss to Legacy the Magi clinched a playoff berth and have an opportunity to win the West with a win in Dickinson this Wednesday.

October 14th, 2016: Faulkton vs. Ipswich

Friday night in Ipswich was the most beautiful football night of the year we have had so far.  The temperature was mild, the sky was clear and a light breeze kept the bugs at bay.  Unfortunately for the home team, breeze could not slow down the Faulkton Area Trojans who absolutely exploded in the first half to lead 42-0.  From defense, to offense to special teams Faulkton dominated.  Tyler Ogle was the player of the game for Faulkton, recording a pick, two touchdowns gashing the Tigers for huge returns every time he received a punt.  The backups came in for the second half and saw a running clock wind down with a final score of 48-6 etched in the scoreboard lights.