Network Operations Engineer
As part of a team, you will be directly responsible for all operational facets of complex, multi-platform networks with a mixture of components including:
- ISP services
- IPTV services
- Wireless data
- Telecom switching and special circuits
- Voice services, including SIP
Primary Duties Include:
- Engineering, design, testing and installation of new technologies, network expansion activities, manage planned maintenance events
- Creation and maintenance of documentation usable by your team that include diagrams, troubleshooting and maintenance processes, accurate hardware/software inventories
- Monitoring all communications network elements and alarm equipment, as well as isolating, fixing and reporting root cause of network faults
- Produces network performance reports and tools to aid understanding patterns of use
- Working with team in a proactive and responsive manner to prevent and address service degradation or outage conditions
- Support Outside Plant and Customer Experience personnel to resolve difficult product performance issues.
- Contributing to the company vision of being the industry leader in customer service through quality, commitment, courtesy, integrity and teamwork
In addition to individual projects, this role is responsible for working with various personnel to implement complex product implementations. Some of the daily responsibilities for this position include:
- Creating and executing project plans as part of a team
- Interacting with multiple departments and customers on a daily basis.
- Minimizing network downtime and customer impact.
- Implementing new product offerings.
- Other duties as required
Required Personal Skills
Qualified applicants must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Desire to be part of a team accomplishing superior results within our industry
- A strong sense of responsibility and initiative
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and skills
- Prioritize and organize tasks carefully and accurately
- Share acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels
- Accept constructive criticism from peers
- Work well independently and as part of a team
- Communicate well with all levels of company personnel
- Excellent interpersonal oral and written communication skills
- Handle multiple projects and tasks with potentially varying priorities
- Make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
Qualified applicants must possess the following:
- Associates degree in electrical engineering, computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of Ethernet networking and devices interactions
- Working knowledge of emerging technologies including data streaming for video transport
Special Working Conditions
This position may involve special working conditions, including:
- 24x7 group accessibility
- Subject to on-call rotation
How to Apply
BEK offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits package. Please send resume to:
Attn: Human Resource Manager
PO Box 230, Steele, ND 58482
or email to email@example.com
Plant Technician III - OSP Field Engineer
BEK Communications Cooperative is seeking a highly motivated, self-starting individual capable of meeting the requirements of OSP Field Engineer. Performs engineering duties relating to the provision of Communications Plant construction and maintenance engineering, and associated development of telecommunications facilities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinates and performs engineering activities associated with the provision of OSP facilities design and implementation required for expansion, rearrangements, and maintenance in accordance with RUS and NEC standards.
- Engineers and prepares work order documents for projects and routes relating to the construction and maintenance of buried and underground outside Plant middle, second and last mile distribution cable systems.
- Engineers and prepares documents for Optical Fiber transport and distributions systems from the Central office up to the point of premise demarcation.
- Provides construction estimates to be within 10% of actual cost.
- Instigates and follows through in the acquisition of relevant and required private and/or public easements, rights-of-way and governmental permits.
- Updates and constructs new drawings and associated information for all buried Plant assets for submission to computer drafting personnel, utilizing both manual and automated drafting systems.
- Maintains current knowledge of new technologies and systems as they are developed.
- Ability to quickly gain knowledge of Company networks, service territories, construction management and Company culture.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisory personnel.
Education and Experience:
• 2 years of related Telecommunications Plant Construction
• Comprehensive understanding of engineering, construction and maintenance.
• Keen knowledge of Microsoft Office and various software solutions, including Visio.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in various stages of development, each with a unique timeline.
• Strong interpersonal skills are key. The ideal person for this position is a team player, personable, professional, upbeat, and energetic, takes initiative, uses tact and diplomacy to promote good Customer and professional relationships.
• The successful candidate must have the initiative to resolve problems and seek answers independently and is enthusiastically persistent until goals are achieved.
- Ability to hold a ND Class D drivers License with the intent to achieve a Class A within 1 year of hire.
Submit resume to : BEK Communications, Attn: Brenda Waletzko, PO Box 230, Steele, ND 58482 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Technician
The GIS Technician will be responsible for producing accurate visual and data representation of BEK Plant by customizing GIS applications, understanding and manipulating digital land-based data entered into ESRI compliant software while adhering to BEK Plant recordation standards.
- Design and prepare graphic representations of GIS data, using GIS software applications, according to BEK Plant recordation standards.
- Convert data collected from field operations into GIS databases with proper and accurate spatial representation.
- Interpret aerial photography and imagery
- Analyze GIS data to identify spatial relationships and display the results of analysis, using maps, graphs or tabular data.
- Enter data into GIS databases using techniques such as coordinate geometry, map digitization, or conversion of other sources of digital data to produce accurate representation of BEK Plant.
- Maintain and/or modify existing GIS databases representing BEK Plant infrastructure.
- Review existing or incoming data for accuracy, usefulness, quality and completeness of documentation.
- Assure data consistency with Company standards and practices for conversion, maintenance, or upgrades
- Align GIS database with existing BEK recordation information to promote accuracy across all BEK database applications.
- Provide technical support to users within the Company regarding maintenance, development, and operation of the GIS databases and their applications.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with GIS vendors, field data collection teams, and support personnel of the GIS applications used by the Company.
- Giving meticulous attention to detail to produce the most accurate visual representation of BEK Plant infrastructure.
- Provide reporting functionally of GIS data to other key department staff for regulatory reporting as well as internal measure of BEK Plant statistics.
- 1 year course completion in Geography, Cartography, or GIS closely related field.
- 1 year experience in GIS database, application, and mapping management
- Ability to collect, analyze, and summarize GIS data
- Ability to geo-reference/geo-code data
- Knowledge of cartographic design
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software
- Exposure to technical recordation in the Telecommunications Industry
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills are key
- Ability to effectively communicate with BEK recordation staff to promote the highest quality representation of BEK Plant.
We offer a competitive compensation package and excellent benefit package including health insurance, retirement and paid vacation.
Email resume to Brenda Waletzko at email@example.com
BEK Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Warehouse and Ficility Maintenance Technician
BEK Communications Cooperative is one of North Dakota’s historical communications cooperatives, having thrived for over 67 years, has evolved from traditional telecom services to fully IP enabled services, fully cloud based services, Live broadcasting services over a Gig capable fiber network. The success of our transformation is based on - people, process and technology, industry expertise and a compelling vision. BEK Communications is recruiting a Warehouse and Facility Maintenance Technician for our Bismarck, ND office.
The Warehouse and Facility Maintenance Technician will be responsible for managing the warehouse operations and building maintenance required to maintain the company’s facilities, equipment and offices located at 923 E. Interstate Avenue, Bismarck ND. Direct shipping and receiving, warehousing and distribution operations at the Bismarck location. Oversee the efficient receipt, storage and dispatch of a wide variety of Enterprise communications equipment. Performs maintenance, repairs, modifications and improvements including emergency repairs of equipment, buildings, grounds, utilities, fixtures and furniture as necessary to meet the Company’s needs.
- Ensure that preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and service of BEK Communications equipment and general building facilities is performed in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintain on‐going preventative maintenance programs for utilities, grounds and buildings.
- Research and obtain quotes as needed for facility needs requiring outside vendor service and act as liaison between BEK and 3rd party facilities vendors.
- Ensures warehouse and inventory in warehouse is maintained clean and organized.
- Oversee receiving, warehousing, distribution and maintenance operations.
- Setup and layout of warehouse to ensure efficient space utilization.
- Initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures.
- Manage stock control.
- Liaise with clients, suppliers and transport companies.
- Receive feedback and monitor the quality of services provided.
- In winter months, responsible for snow removal from the sidewalks, doorways, parking lots and entrances.
- Communicate with the Finance Department on purchase orders, inventory and project needs.
- Light custodial maintenance as needed.
- Proven work experience in warehouse management and facility maintenance.
- Knowledge in warehouse management procedures and best practices.
- Must have experience in controlled environments.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Be willing to help out with administrative duties or assist installation team of enterprise services.
- Ability to be on-call and respond to facility needs after hours and/or during weekends.
- Experience with facility support of general building maintenance and grounds maintenance, understanding some duties are expected to be outside of normal business operating hours to provide the least disruption to workers.
- Strong reasoning ability – ability to define problems; collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to operate forklift and snow removal equipment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work is usually performed in a warehouse and office environment, utilizing standard warehouse and office equipment and common warehouse tools. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to move and use hands. The employee is constantly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. May be required to receive medical clearance to work in a hospital environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
BEK Communications is a drug free workplace, conducting pre-employment and random drug testing.