Network Operations Engineer
As part of a team, you will be directly responsible for all operational facets of complex, multi-platform networks with a mixture of components including:
- ISP services
- IPTV services
- Wireless data
- Telecom switching and special circuits
- Voice services, including SIP
Primary Duties Include:
- Engineering, design, testing and installation of new technologies, network expansion activities, manage planned maintenance events
- Creation and maintenance of documentation usable by your team that include diagrams, troubleshooting and maintenance processes, accurate hardware/software inventories
- Monitoring all communications network elements and alarm equipment, as well as isolating, fixing and reporting root cause of network faults
- Produces network performance reports and tools to aid understanding patterns of use
- Working with team in a proactive and responsive manner to prevent and address service degradation or outage conditions
- Support Outside Plant and Customer Experience personnel to resolve difficult product performance issues.
- Contributing to the company vision of being the industry leader in customer service through quality, commitment, courtesy, integrity and teamwork
In addition to individual projects, this role is responsible for working with various personnel to implement complex product implementations. Some of the daily responsibilities for this position include:
- Creating and executing project plans as part of a team
- Interacting with multiple departments and customers on a daily basis.
- Minimizing network downtime and customer impact.
- Implementing new product offerings.
- Other duties as required
Required Personal Skills
Qualified applicants must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Desire to be part of a team accomplishing superior results within our industry
- A strong sense of responsibility and initiative
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and skills
- Prioritize and organize tasks carefully and accurately
- Share acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels
- Accept constructive criticism from peers
- Work well independently and as part of a team
- Communicate well with all levels of company personnel
- Excellent interpersonal oral and written communication skills
- Handle multiple projects and tasks with potentially varying priorities
- Make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
Qualified applicants must possess the following:
- Associates degree in electrical engineering, computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of Ethernet networking and devices interactions
- Working knowledge of emerging technologies including data streaming for video transport
Special Working Conditions
This position may involve special working conditions, including:
- 24x7 group accessibility
- Subject to on-call rotation
How to Apply
BEK offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits package. Please send resume to:
Attn: Human Resource Manager
PO Box 230, Steele, ND 58482
or email to email@example.com
Seasonal Plant Technician
Inter Community Telephone Company has a position opening in our Valley City, ND office for a Seasonal Plant Technician. The Plant Technician is responsible for the construction, replacement, removal and repair of plant infrastructure. The Seasonal Plant technician will interpret staking sheets, indicating how plant cable shall be constructed, replaced, or maintained. Seasonal Plant technicians will install direct buried cable using digging, trenching, plowing and drilling equipment.
Must have experience with heavy construction equipment. ND Class D Driver’s License required although ND Class A Commercial driver’s license is a plus. Must function as a team player and willing to work in all types of adverse weather conditions in order to keep or restore communication services to its customers. Requires the ability to work overtime as needed. Must be able to distinguish difference in color and maintain the ability to push, pull, lift or drag a minimum of 75lbs.
To apply for this position, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.